Pork chops are so versatile – you can grill or slow cook them, bread or barbecue them. This recipe is very simple – the addition of the beer came about when I was enjoying a drink while cooking some pork chops for dinner. I just thought I would throw a splash in the pan and see what happened! The result was good enough to show you here.
2 double cut pork chops
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
½ teaspoon sweet paprika
½ bottle (6 fl oz) of beer or cider
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon Taste #5 Umami Bomb
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Season the pork chops with salt, pepper and paprika on both sides. Place in roasting pan and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until cooked through and crackling begins to crackle.
- Remove the chops and set aside.
- Put the roasting pan over a high heat and deglaze with the beer or cider, maple syrup and Umami Bomb. Give it a good stir with a wooden spoon making sure you release all the crusty bits from the base of the tin – that’s where all the natural umami is!
- Serve the chops with the sauce spooned over the top.