This is my Italian take on ways to jazz up chicken breasts, which can be pretty bland. I like to make a simple dressing for this dish. Simply whisk together 1 part balsamic vinegar to 2 parts extra virgin olive oil and drizzle over the top of the chicken on each plate.
2 skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons Bomba! XXX
2 tablespoons ricotta
6 basil leaves, finely chopped
Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
2 slices of prosciutto or streaky bacon
2 sprigs rosemary or thyme
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the chicken breasts onto a chopping board. Put one hand on top of the breast to keep it steady whilst the other cuts a small ‘pocket’ in the side of the breast. Take care not to cut right through.
- To make the stuffing mix together the Bomba, ricotta and basil and a good grinding of black pepper.
- Carefully stuff each breast with a spoonful of the stuffing. Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper, place a sprig of rosemary or thyme on top then wrap each breast in a slice of prosciutto or bacon to seal up the pocket. Tuck the ends underneath and place on a baking pan.
- Glaze each parcel with a little olive oil and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until each chicken breast is cooked right through.