An umami-twist on a classic chicken dish which both children and adults love. These are delicious served with an umami-packed ketchup – make this by simply mixing 2 parts ketchup to 1 part Taste #5 Umami Bomb.
100g (3.5oz) white bread, crusts removed
2 large eggs
4 tablespoons plain flour
1 tablespoon Taste #5 Umami Rush
4 chicken breasts, sliced into finger-sized pieces
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (370°F). Line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
- Place the bread in a blender or food processor and blend to make fine breadcrumbs. Pour onto a large plate.
- Place the eggs in a bowl and lightly whisk.
- Put the flour and Umami Rush into a bowl and stir well.
- Dip each slice of chicken into the flour mix to lightly dust, then dip into the egg and finally into the breadcrumbs, turning to evenly coat. Place the pieces on to the prepared baking tray.
- Once all the chicken has been coated, place the baking tray into the oven for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked. Check half way through cooking and turn the chicken pieces over so they brown evenly.