I have created a delicious sauce using my Umami Bomb that will take your steaks to the next level in the flavour charts.
2 steaks of your choice
2 teaspoons Taste #5 Umami Bomb
3 tablespoons olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
about 5 tablespoons mirin (Japanese rice wine)
about 2 tablespoons soy sauce
knob of butter
- Remove your steaks from the refrigerator a good 30 minutes before you cook them so they come up to room temperature.
- When you are ready to cook, rub 1 or 2 teaspoons of Umami Bomb into each steak (depending on size but enough for it to really flavour the meat). Drizzle with olive oil on both sides, and add a good grinding of pepper. If time permits, leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan with a little olive oil in it and, when hot, add the garlic slices. Cook the steaks on both sides to your taste.
- Just before your steaks are cooked to taste, splash with a good glug of mirin and a splash of soy sauce. Remove the steaks from the pan and leave to rest on a warmed plate.
- Lower the hear under the pan and deglaze it with another splash each of mirin and soy sauce, and another small squeeze of Umami Bomb. Add a knob of butter, stir and pour this delicious glossy sauce over each steak.