1lb (500g) Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and outer leaves removed
3 tablespoons olive oil/sesame oil
kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon Taste #5 Umami Far Eastern Recipe Paste
1 tablespoon maple syrup
juice of half a lime
½ teaspoon chilli flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C (400°F)
- Cut the sprouts in half and place on a baking sheet. Whisk together all the ingredients and pour over the Brussels sprouts. Toss to evenly coat.
- Place in the centre of the oven and roast for 30-45 minutes, shaking the pan every 10 minutes or so to ensure even browning.
- Once browned and a little bit crispy, remove from oven.
- I like to add a good squeeze of lime before serving, for an extra burst of flavor.