1 salmon fillet, about 500-600g (about 18oz – 20oz)
Sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons Taste #5 Umami Paste Vegetarian Far Eastern Recipe
juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon green peppercorns, drained
1 tablespoons small capers, drained and rinsed
handful of chives, chopped finely
- Using a sharp knife, cut the salmon into thin slices (as if it were smoked salmon). If you can’t get them really thin, you can always put them between two pieces of greaseproof paper and flatten with the heel of your hand.
- Arrange the slices on an ovenproof serving plate, without overlapping, to cover the entire surface. Season with salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix together the olive oil, umami pasteand lime juice and drizzle over salmon. Sprinkle over the peppercorns and capers.
- Leave to stand for 10 minutes so that the flavours can socialise.
- Preheat a hot grill. Put the plate under the hot grill for one minute only, so that the salmon is warmed through but not cooked.
- Sprinkle with chives and serve at once.