2 firm fillets of salmon (cod or haddock)
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1/2 tablespoon Greek-style yogurt
grated zest of 1 lime, plus a squeeze of juice
lime wedge to serve
1/2 tablespoon furikake or sesame seeds
1/2 tablespoon chopped chives
- Preheat over to 180˚C / 350˚F / Gas Mark 4
- Brush an ovenproof dish lightly with olive oil to prevent sticking. Place filet in the dish and lightly season each with salt and pepper.
- Mix the mayonnaise, yogurt, lime zest and juice, furikake/sesame seeds and chives together in a bowl.
- Top the fillets with this mixture to form a crust about 5mm / 1/4" thick.
- Cover with foil and place in the oven for 10 minutes, then remove the foil and leave in the oven for a further 5 minutes, or until golden and bubbling, and the fish is cooked through.
- Serve with lime wedges on the side.
Flash Cooking: Fit Fast Flavours for Busy Bodies - Quadrille Press - Originally Published 2011
A collection of ideas and recipes for healthy meals that are quick and easy to prepare as well as tasting incredible - flash food is not just a way of cooking, but a way of life.