5-7 pound seedless or Sugar Baby watermelon
1/2 cup fresh basil, torn
2 cups fresh baby arugula, washed and dried
7 ounces fresh mozzarella bocconcini, cut in helf
Extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt or grey salt
Fresh finely cracked black pepper
Taste #5 Umami Rush
- Heat a grill to medium high or heat a grill pan over medium high heat.
- Cut the watermelon in half cross-wise. Then cut into 1” inch thick slices. Then cut into triangular wedges and remove the rind.
- Brush one side of each wedge lightly with a little olive oil.
- Grill with the oiled-side down for about 2 minutes, until grill marks appear. Transfer to a plate and season very lightly with a very little salt.
- To serve, place about a 1/4 cup of baby arugula on each plate, followed by few grilled watermelon wedges, a few of the bocconcini and some of the torn basil.
- Drizzle a little olive oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and a very light grind of black pepper and a good shake or two of Taste #5 Umami Rush.
- Serve immediately.