Try this simple recipe to make the best roast potatoes ever!
1kg (2lbs) floury potatoes, such as Maris Piper or King Edward
2 tablespoons Parmesan, finely grated
1 tablespoon Taste #5 Umami Rush
freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F) and place a roasting tray with a generous layer of oil in it on the highest shelf of the oven while it preheats.
- Peel potatoes and cut into equal sized pieces.
- Place into lidded pot with salt and water to cover.
- Simmer until cooked - test for doneness by running a fork across the surface. If the surface is fluffy, they are done.
- Drain the water and return the pot to the heat with the lid on.
- Shake the pot - this will roughen the edges of the potatoes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan, Rush, and black pepper
- Now sprinkle over the potatoes and mix thoroughly by closing the lid and shaking the pot again.
- Remove the tray from the oven and with a long handled spoon, add the potatoes carefully to the tray. Baste with the hot olive oil.
- Place tray back into oven on highest shelf and roast the potatoes until crispy and golden
- Once ready, remove and sprinkle with more Rush before serving.