WARNING: This recipe is packed with nature’s natural aphrodisiacs only cook it for someone you really want to kiss! * Ingredients marked with an asterix are all known to have aphrodisiac properties.
4 frying steaks, each about 100-150g (4-5oz)
8 slices of prosciutto* or parma ham
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fresh basil leaves *
6 asparagus* spears, trimmed
Extra virgin olive oil
Chilli* flakes (optional)
Pine nuts*, toasted
FOR THE CHOCOLATE & BALSAMIC DRESSING
25ml (1/8 cup) good balsamic vinegar
2.5g (0.09oz)100% cacoa*, grated OR best-quality cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C (400˚F), and the grill (broiler).
- Place the steaks on a chopping board and trim away any visible sinew or membrane from the outer edge of the meat.
- Cover each steak with a large piece of cling film and, using a rolling pin or meat hammer, bash the steak evenly all over until it is about the thickness of a pound coin. This will also help tenderise the meat.
- Lay 2 slices of Parma ham over each flattened steak and flip over so the ham is on the bottom. Lightly season the steaks with some freshly ground black pepper (no salt needed here as the ham is salty enough).
- Take your tube of Bomba! XXX and squeeze a large kiss (X) across each steak then scatter some torn basil leaves over them. Now carefully roll each one up to wrap each Bomba kiss in a Parma ham hug! Secure each in place with a cocktail stick and put them all in an ovenproof dish. Drizzle with a generous glug of olive oil and season with some more freshly ground black pepper.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15-20 minutes until ham begins to crisp.
- While these are cooking, blanch the asparagus spears in lightly salted boiling water for 2 minutes and refresh under cold water. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a bowl, dress some salad leaves and the asparagus spears with extra virgin olive oil and chilli flakes, if using. Season with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper and toss to combine.
- Make the chocolate and balsamic dressing: put the vinegar and cacao or cocoa powder in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Place some dressed salad on each plate and top each with two Kisses in Blankets (remember to remove the cocktail sticks!).
- Stir the pan juices and spoon over the plate. Finish with a drizzle of the chocolate and balsamic dressing and a sprinkling of toasted pine nuts.