2 tablespoons olive oil
2 spanish onions, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 lbs beef mince
4 tablespoons Bomba! XXX
1 teaspoon Taste #5 Umami Bomb
1 cup of beef stock or 1 beef stock cube dissolved in 1cup hot water
2½ lbs sweet potatoes
1 cup milk, warmed
grated nutmeg (optional)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy based saucepan and fry the onion on a medium heat for 4-5 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and fry for a further minute.
- Add the mince and fry for 6-7 minutes, or until browned.
- Add the Bomba, Umami Bomb and stock, then simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel the potatoes and sweet potatoes, cutting them into 2 inch cubes. Cook in salted boiling water for about 10-12 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain the potatoes, then return to the pan. Add the butter, then while beginning to mash gradually add the warm milk (you may not need all of it). Season to taste
- Pour the mince mixture into an ovenproof dish and cover with the mashed potato. Cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and bubbling.
- Leave to stand for five minutes before serving.