for the burger bombs
12 slices of unsmoked streaky bacon either whole rasher or cut into squares
12 meatballs, I like to use beef but lamb or pork would work well too
2 cups grated cheddar or even easier - cut burger cheese into bite size squares
for the dip
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
½ tablespoon Taste #5 Umami Bomb
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- First make the dip by mixing all the ingredients together. Cover and chill.
- Lay out 12 slices of streaky bacon and at the top of each lay a meatball.
- Down the rest of the bacon, squeeze out some Bomba then sprinkle over the cheese.
- Roll each bomb up in the bacon and secure with a cocktail stick.
- Place them all on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes until the bacon is crisp and the cheese is oozing.
Note: You can make this less rich by using just a little square of burger cheese and a little square of bacon. Simply top the burger with a good squeeze of Bomba, top with a square of cheese and a square of bacon. Run a cocktail stick through the whole lot and place on a baking tray.