This is my twist on the delicious classic Cauliflower Cheese. Each cauliflower only really yields 2 decent sized steaks so use the left over cauliflower in curries, soups or stews – it will freeze well if you need it to.
1 large cauliflower
½ tablespoon harissa (rose or ordinary)
½ tablespoon Bomba! XXX
1 tablespoon olive oil
Kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
2 ½oz feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Using a sharp knife, cut 2 thick slices of cauliflower, starting from the top center of the head and cutting right down through the stalk.
- Mix the harissa paste, Bomba and oil and using a pastry brush, brush half the mixture over the cauliflower steaks on both sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly oil a skillet and put over a low-medium heat. Fry the steaks lightly on both sides until they are nicely browned.
- Transfer the steaks from the skillet to a baking sheet. Brush with the remaining harissa/Bomba mixture and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle over the feta cheese and return to the oven for a further 5-10 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender and the feta has melted.