4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 teaspoons Taste #5 Umami Vegetarian Far Eastern Recipe
8 slices of regular cut bacon (a smoked bacon adds extra flavor)
4 small sprigs of fresh rosemary or fresh sage leaves
Extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Marsala or white wine
- Remove chicken breasts from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat over to 400˚ F
- RUB each piece of chicken with a teaspoon of umami paste.
- WRAP each breast in two overlapping pieces of bacon.
- Tuck the fresh herbs inside each bacon-wrapped breast.
- Place in a shallow roasting pan, tucking any extra bacon underneath the breasts. Splash with olive oil and season with a grinding of black pepper.
- Bake in the over for 20-25 minutes. After about 15 minutes add the marsala or wine. The dish is done when the bacon has darkened and the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and place the breasts on a plate. Whisk in 1-2 tablespoons of butter into the bottom of the pan to incorporate the crusty bits and pan juices into a delicious sauce.
- Spoon over the chicken to serve.