Pork chops are so versatile – you can grill or slow cook them, bread or barbecue them. This recipe is very simple – the addition of the beer came about when I was enjoying a drink while cooking pork chops for dinner! I splashed some in the pan and the result was delicious.
2 double cut, bone-in pork chops
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
2/3 cup beer or cider
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon Taste #5 Umami Bomb paste
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Season pork chops with salt, pepper and paprika on both sides.
- Roast in the oven in a shallow baking pan for about 20-25 minutes and then pork chops begin to crackle.
- Remove pork chops to a plate.
- Place roasting pan on range over high heat and pour in the beer, maple syrup and Umami Bomb to deglaze. Using a spatula stir together and scrape up all the crusty bits to form a sauce – the bits left on the bottom of the pan from baking is where all the deep umami flavour is left.
- Serve the pork chops with the sauce spooned over top!