1 large butternut squash, peeled, halved and cut into small cubes olive oil
2 1/2 cups milk
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons Taste #5 Umami Bomb paste
pinch of nutmeg (optional)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F
- Toss the squash with a little oil to coat and spread on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Make the sauce by coming the butter, milk and flour in a medium saucepan. Gradually bring to a simmer, whisking continually for about 5 minutes until the sauce becomes thick and smooth.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the Umami Bomb paste, a small pinch of nutmeg, and finally season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the cooked squash from the oven and turn on the broiler
- Spread the squash evenly into a baking dish prepared with cooking spray.
- Pour the sauce evenly over the squash.
- Top with the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Place under the broiler for about 5 minutes until golden brown.