At first, you might be startled by the matching of chicken, grapes and cashews, but they work deliciously together. It’s best not to cook the grapes too much or they will lose their juices.
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 large onion, finely chopped
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, sliced into bite-size pieces
1 tablespoon Taste #5 Umami Vegetarian Far Eastern Paste
3/4 cup large seedless green grapes, halved
splash of dry white wine
3/4cup unsalted cashew nuts
kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat and sauté the onion until soft and just begins to color
- Add the chicken and stir until thoroughly cooked
- Add the umami paste and grapes together.
- Add the splash of white wine and turn up the heat until the alcohol has evaporated, stirring gently
- Add the cashews nuts and stir until just heated.
- Season to taste and serve.