3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 eggs, lightly whisked
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
1 tablespoon sesame oil
6 teaspoons Taste #5 Umami Vegetarian Paste
2 cups long grain rice, cooked and cooled
3 green onions (scallions), sliced diagonally
3/4 cup frozen green peas, thawed and drained
1 cup cooked cubed chicken and/or cooked shelled shrimp*
- Heat a wok or large frying pan with one tablespoon of the oil, until it is very hot.
- Add the eggs, stirring quickly around the pan until they are just cooked. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Then add the remaining two tablespoons of oil to the pan.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook briefly, stirring all the time.
- Add the sesame oil, umami paste and cooked rice.
- Stir-fry for about 5 minutes on a high heat.
- Now add the spring onions (scallions), peas, chicken, prawns
- and cooked eggs to the wok. Stir to warm through for a couple of minutes. Serve immediately.
*You could substitute the chicken/shrimp with 1 cup of frozen mixed vegetables that have been cooked and drained or you could also sauté 1 cup of cubed tofu along with the garlic, ginger, sesame oil and umami paste.