1 lb dried spaghetti
1/2 cup olive oil
2 heads of garlic, each clove peeled and thinly sliced
2 whole red chiles, seeds and ribs removed, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons Bomba! XXX paste
Grated zest of 2 lemons
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
3 small handfuls of fresh herbs, roughly chopped (optional)
(basil, mint and flat leaf parsley)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil with 2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- Cook the spaghetti as instructed on the package.
- Don’t over cook, as you will want it al dente. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over low heat.
- Add garlic and chili’s and a pinch of salt to flavour the oil.
- Remove garlic just as it begins to brown or it will make the dish bitter.
- Add the drained pasta to the skillet.
- Add the Bomba, herbs, lemon zest, plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss all together with a splash more olive oil if it seems dry.
- Serve immediately with fresh grated parmesan.
NOTE: I usually remove the ribs and seeds from the fresh chilies and then add a pinch of red chili flakes because I love the heat and the two different kinds of heat they give. I will let you decide how much heat to pour on!